The Congenital Heart Surgeons' Society is a not-for-profit charitable corporation organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The CHSS' purpose is as follows:
- To associate persons interested in, and carry on activities related to, the science and practice of congenital heart surgery.
- To sponsor and oversee multi-institutional clinical studies evaluating the application of surgical interventions in congenital heart disease.
- To encourage and stimulate investigation and study that will increase the knowledge of congenital cardiac physiology, pathology and therapy, and to correlate and disseminate such knowledge.
- To hold scientific meetings featuring free discussion of problems and developments relating to congenital heart surgery.
- To succeed to, and continue to carry on the activities formerly conducted by The Congenital Heart Surgeons Society, an unincorporated association.
To view a complete list of CHSS Member Institutions, please click here.